Friday, May 20, 2016

Religion and Women

I cannot tolerate how certain religions (or sects within a religion) treat women as subservient and limit their freedom and educational opportunities. This means I do not approve of these religions:
1. Islam
2. Ultra-Orthodox Judaism
3. Note: The leadership of the Catholic Church is a men’s club that suffers from many of the same misguided traditions of not allowing women into their management, but at least this religion does not limit women’s rights outside the church hierarchy.

There are many nice people who practice these religions, but I do not approve of their traditions of not allowing women to make their own decisions in life. In my opinion, these religions believe in a form of slavery simply because men like being dominate and controlling. I very much hope the traditions around women in these religions are doomed to the dustbin of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment